SURGEONS IN ACTION (AC) CAMPAIGNS LIKELY IN 2023
In 2022 the campaigns were resumed after the COVID pandemic. The situation in 2023 will still be affected by the pandemic since the global vaccination plan will not have been completed, with resurgences and new waves that condition the rules imposed by the different countries. The immunization of volunteers has been completed with the FOURTH dose, and campaigns could begin in the first quarter of next year. Therefore the number of possible campaigns could be:
1.March 17-26: Campaign in HIH Kamutur Uganda:
Team leader: Cesar Ramirez
Nurses: Logistics, photos:
2. March: Banjul, Gambia (ASEDA) Campaign: Pediatric surgery.
Team leader: Carlos de la Torre.
3. MARCH Campaign in Benin Hosp. Redeeming Love Shelter. Dangbo.
Team leader: Pepe Pascual????
4. 4-14 May. (not confirmed). Campaign in Armenia (4 hospitals), in collaboration with AMADeA. (postponed in 2022)
Hospital of the capital Stepanakert
Vascular Surgery -Concha Bernardos, Marta Serna, Andrea Muñoz
Vascular doctor-Doppler: Javier Pérez Monreal
Urology: Daniel Rodezno
Plastic Surgery: David Alonso, Beatriz Bendito
General Surgeon: David Fdez Luengas, Mario Álvarez
Anaesthesiologist: Jorge Valles, Laura Carnicero, Javier Silva
Interventional Cardiology: Lillian Grigorian
Nurse: M Jesús Cabezón, Silve Barrena,
Pediatric Center Arevik- Stepanakert
Pediatric Surgeon: Carlos de la Torre, Eduardo Ruiz
Anesthesiologist: Carlos Manrique de Lara Cadiñanos, Consuelo Garcia Cebrian
Nurse: Amaya Aparicio
Regional Hospital of Marturi (30 minutes from the capital)
2 operating tables
General Surgeons: David Fdez, Manel Cires, Juan Pablo Alarcón, Mario Álvarez
Anesthesiologists: Ana Hermira, María Remón, MI Real
Nurses: Nuria Agulló, MJ Fornier, Marisa Hernando,
Regional Hospital of Martakert (2 hours from the capital)
2 surgical tables,
General Surgeons: Teresa Butrón, Arturo Cruz, Jaume Ortega, Elena González Sánchez Migallón
Anesthesiologists: Inma Giménez, Ana López,
Nurses: Concepción Vílchez (Inma), Guadalupe Martí, Montse Mont Esbert
5. June: Ulan Batar- Mongolia
Team leader: David Fdez Luengas
General surgeons: David Fdez Luengas, T Butrón?, Marisol Perez Cerdeira?
Pediatric Surgeon: Carlos de la Torre?
6. 17-26 JUNE Campaign in Yaounde Cameroon (CMS Cardio Reval), Children and adults (A Onana Foundation).
Team Leader: Javier Mora
Anesthesiologists: Javier Mora,
7. SEPTEMBER Campaign to Sierra Leone – Police Hospital, Freetown (HI)
Maxillofacial Surgeons. Maxillofacial
8. October: Ulongüe Mozambique Campaign
Team Leader: Lucia Catot
Translator/logistician: Vitor Lamosa.
9. NOVEMBER Farafenni Campaign. Gambia (HI):
Team leader: M Cires
- General Surgeons: M Cires, Carlota Tuero, Estefanía Villalobos Rubalcaba
- Children’s Surgeons: Lola Delgado Muñoz, Jesús Redondo Sedano
- Anesthesiologists: María Remón, Fabiola Ortega Ponce
- Nursing: Marisa Hernando, Lola García
10. DATE: Korogwe Tanzania Campaign (HI)
11. DATE November ilioni Medical Center . Lichinga, Mozambique (signed agreement)
Team Leader: César Ramírez
Pediatric Surgeon :
12. November: Gatundu Kenya (HI).
POSSIBLE CAMPAIGNS TO BE DECIDED
DATE Campaign to Bopolu City (Gbarpolu County, Liberia (HI):
DATE: Búzi Mozambique Campaign ( not signed agreements )
June/ November Campaign in Benin Hosp. Redeeming Love Hostel. Dangbo.
3-4 General Surgeons:
June- July: Campaign in Peru Hospital Regional Callao. Abdominal wall pathology (OFFERED by Dr. Bernaola, with training for staff).
8 VOLUNTEERS Tickets €8,000.
September: Campaign at HIH Kamutur Uganda:
AUGUST – SEPTEMBER – BRAZIL In collaboration with HI.
Team leader: T Butrón?
Maxillofacial Cir. Maxillofacial
Volunteers should bear most of their travel, living and living expenses.
They can do events or ask for help for the campaigns they are going to and thus help to finance them.